HISTORY OF THE ISEG CONFERENCE
The ISEG (International Symposium on Environmental Geochemistry) conference series started in the late 1980s. The initial local symposium on environmental geochemistry was held in Kuopio, Finland in 1985. This was a Scandinavian geochemistry meeting which was a small one. However, at that time, it was realised that an international meeting had to be planned.
After that, the first truly international ISEG symposium was held in Uppsala, Sweden in 1991. From the beginning a core group of three geochemical scientists provided leadership to these symposia: Iain Thornton, Ron Fuge and Olle Selinus. It was decided that the ISEG symposia would be held every 3 years resulting in meetings on almost every continent since 1991.
- 2022, 12-й ISEG, Moscow, Russia
- 2019, 11-й ISEG, Beijing, China
- 2016, 10-й ISEG, Galway, Ireland
- 2012, 9-й ISEG, Aveiro, Portugal
- 2009, 8-й ISEG, Ouro Preto, Brazil
- 2006, 7-й ISEG, Beijing, China
- 2003, 6-й ISEG, Edinburgh, Scotland
- 2000, 5-й ISEG, Cape Town, South Africa
- 1997, 4-й ISEG, Vail, Colorado, USA
- 1994, 3-й ISEG, Krakow, Poland
- 1991, 2-й ISEG, Uppsala, Sweden
- 1985, 1-й ISEG, Kuopio, Finland